Thursday, April 27, 2006

Mary Brown Malouf and her review of the Mandarin...

I sent this in the form of an email to the Living Editor of the
SL Tribine today:

"Regarding the 25th of April review of the Mandarin and
other reviews, I confess I have been annoyed and in general
"flummoxed" by Ms. Malouf's reviews.

I had deliberately sought, (but no longer), new eating
establishments based on her reviews. I have to add my voice
to others who would question her ability as a food critic.
Maybe Page, AZ, or Ticaboo, Utah, needs such a food
critic. Could be some really good seasonal hamburger/truck
stops there, simpler menus, simpler sauces to critique,
i.e. Heinz vs. Hunt's catsup. Perhaps we could look forward
to an article on the origins, flavors and differences between
'ketchup' and 'catsup'.

In thinking about this wholly inaccurate and unjustified
review I think I have discovered a means to use her reviews
in a positive way. I am recommending this to my friends
as well. That is, just use the inverse of her four star rating.
A rating of 1 or 1 and 1/2 stars means the very best, four
stars being the lowest. I can now look forward once again
to her recommendations and know where the best food
is found in Utah."

4 comments:

Alice said...

The madarin got a bad review?

Well, some people you just can't please...

George said...

I also wrote a letter of support and copied the email to Mr. Skedros, the Mandarin owner.

edwardvanroberts said...

How do you get all of the emails to all of these high restaurant folk? You must know people! Do you have the email addys to any of the peruvian places?

limes said...

wp has connections!

Thanks for dinner the other night. Szechuan catfish. Mmmmmmm!