
Every once in awhile things come across the stern that merit publication here. From one master:
"Each of us might well ask, “In what ways am I shrinking or holding back from discovery?” Even meek introspection and meditation may yield bold insights! For example, we can tell much by what we have already willingly discarded along the pathway of discovery. It is the only pathway where littering is permissible, even encouraged. In the early stages, the debris left behind includes the grosser acts of commission. Later debris differs; things begin to be discarded which have caused the misuse or underuse of our time, abilities and talent.
Along this pathway leading to light, stern and unsought challenges sometimes hasten the jettisoning, which is needed to achieve increased awakening. If we have grown soft, hard times may be necessary. If we are too contented, a dose of divine discontent may come. A relevant insight may be contained in reproof. A new duty beckons us away from comfortable routines wherein the needed competencies have already been developed. One may be stripped of accustomed luxury so that the malignant mole of materialism may be removed. One may be scorched by humiliation so pride can be melted away. Whatever we lack will get attention, one way or another. It is the way of things"
2 comments:
I guess jettisoning things on to eBay and hoping for some remuneration is not quite what was contemplated here... :)
If not ebay then the Salvation Army or in our part of the world DI. I volunteered there the other day and my job was to sort, organzie and merchandise the women's shoe department. I learned about their codes to remove anything off the shelves that had not sold in 2 weeks. I learned about categories of styles and arrangement by colors. I had no idea there was such organization and design to marketing preowned women's shoes at DI. I finished that job in two hours and then was given the duty of stocking the other shelves thoughout the store with donated and priced items.
The manager told me that Wal mart negatively impacts their business and the DI store in Layton has suffered because of WM.
In the sense of the master teacher here I think he was speaking of less physically tangible items, character flaws and defects. I think you understand that however.
Post a Comment