
I have been impressed and envious with all of you and your cooking accomplishments. Given the cold last night and the Mrs. being tied up with piano lessons and church stuff, I decided I would alter my normal supper fare and try cooking some soup. How hard can that be anyway? I boiled water, peeled potatoes and carrots, chopped onions, added garlic, opened a can of corn, beans and mushrooms and started cooking. It looked like too much water and the soup would be too thin so I poured in some rice left over from Sunday into the boiling water. A little soy is always good in everything so some of that went in along with 2 lbs of elk burger and a can of tomato sauce. The ground elk made the whole think kind of pink which is not desirable. After awhile the concoction started turning brown, but much of the water largely disappeared. When the Mrs. got home it was stew, maybe. The mistress of the kitchen said it was more like a casserole of potatos, elk, carrots, rice, green beans and corn. So much for cooking soup. She did tell me it was very good, though I found that if I squirted some Siracha sauce on it (to light up your life, lips, tongue and throat) it was even better.
The photo is someone else’s image, as I did not take any pictures of my casserole. We do have lots of it and there were three containers left over and in the refrigerator.
2 comments:
Good job Dad! It's always interesting when you venture out of your normal cooking "comfort zone".
I have a couple of grandma's recipe files (I don't think they were the recipes she used the most though....it's hard to say) and I've been looking through them for cinnamon roll recipes. I've found two. One of them, I'm pretty sure is not her recipe. I'm trying the other today. The recipe doesn't say anything about flour, so I'm guessing you just keep adding it until everything is a good texture. We'll see how it goes.
way to be adventuresome! :-)
Post a Comment