Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I would recommend


Two movies I have enjoyed on my trip to Boston so far. The trip is not over yet. On the airplane I saw ‘Pan's Labyrinth’. It is an award-winning 2006 Spanish language film written and directed by Mexican film-maker Guillermo del Toro. The film takes place in pre WWII during the Spanish Civil War. It is both an accurate portrayal of the brutality of Fascist soldiers who are charged with guarding a mill in a mountainous region and neutralizing local insurgents. Juxtaposed in this story is a tale of fantasy that ultimately____________. It garnered several Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations. It was both enjoyable and good for my Spanish language studies. Not a film for kids though even though it was partially a fairy tale.



I also watched ‘Déjà Vu’ at the hotel. It is a nice Denzel Washington movie. Déjà Vu is a science fiction crime thriller directed by Tony Scott and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. I recommend both films.

What's on tonight?

1 comment:

limes said...

I've been wondering about Pan's Labyrinth. I'm going to put it on my Netflix queue. J and I are going to see The Last Mimzy this weekend, and I'm catching up on Lost, but that's about it for movies for me as of late.