Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A bad day fishing is better than the best day at work...





My children's mother and I went fishing on Tuesday to Red Fleet Reservoir, about 10 miles north of Vernal. It is is small lake and a replica of Lake Powell with its Navajo sandstone. We launched the Prandall about 10:00 AM and had the entire lake to ourselves. Not another boat anywhere. We toured the lake and then threw the lines over. RA had a worm on a hook and I tried an artificial lure. I had a strike and started reeling in but it got away. She had a nice rainbow trout which did not get away. I think she has those great Grandpa Dunn genes for catching fish.

For dinner we cooked it up along with corn on the cob and fresh garden tomatoes.

We will go again.

3 comments:

adamf said...

Great to see the Prandall in action!

Emily said...

Looks like it was such a fun little trip!

limes said...

Aww, what lovely photos. :-)