Saturday, January 27, 2007

Carly Simon on a Saturday Morning...



This morning I scrambled some eggs with cheese from Round Man's in Ft. Bragg. Had some smoked pepper jack we brought back from our last trip. It was very good. While cooking we listened to Carly's new album 'Into White'. I had downloaded it to my IPod. I am sitting in my easy chair and listenting to it over the new IPod Hi Fi boom box. The sound is great. I am enjoying Carly so much I went to Amazon and ordered four CD's for the kids. A couple of the tracks have help from Taylor children I understand. One even sounds like the papa James T. Wish any of you were here to share the Saturday morning with us...

Last night we watched on the big screen Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" for the first time. I was moved. It was a spiritual experience. The views of Earth from the moon and beyond were moving, even the digital rendering of a Polar Bear swimming in the open ocean trying to find a bit of ice to rest upon. Can you imagine 'W' making a movie of anything when he is out of office? Maybe he could do a Will Farrell immitation of himself, down on the ranch playing a little frisbe with Condi and Dick. Would You Tube pick it up?

5 comments:

Alice said...

I miss saturday mornings at home too.

Maybe you'll have some kids home again soon. :)

Emily said...

ALL THOSE CRAZY NIGHTS, when I CRIED myself to sleep, now MELANCHOLY never makes me weep...anymore...'cause I haven't got time for the pain...

I think it's fair to say our house has always rocked, maybe the only exception being the brief "Space Cowboy" period when we all had to listen to that Kenny Rogers song whenever a new visitor / victim came to the house. : )

George said...

Ah come on, was it really that often? There was however a certain appeal for me about the Planet called Texas.

George said...

I am so jazzed about the messagae of our almost once next president and the fact that I also miss Juan Luis that I am assembling my Cycle Ops and going to take him for a ride in the garage this AM. It is 45° in there. I will ride for Al, for Rocky, my grandchildren and the planet. A new goal for team Fisher should be how much we can reduce our CO2 foot print for this coming year. I did not get all of the trees planted I wanted last year. This is the year!

limes said...

The next time the Mister and I have a fight I'll come out and stay with y'all and we can blast the Space Cowboy and eat pancakes. :-)