Saturday, March 27, 2010

101 for the week...

The weather was cooperative today so I rode 31 on Legacy with the new trike. A little adjustment was required and the geometry is a little different than the Rans recumbent. Slightly different muscles maybe... I rode 26 miles and managed to average above 15 and for the first time ever on any recumbent I managed to catch and pass a group of folks on their upright bikes. As I passed them I overhead them say what a fast pace they were keeping. I think the trike is another mile or two per hour faster than Juan Luis. It is really fun around corners and it appears to handle high G turns. Coming to stop lights and signs at intersections is OK too. You just sit there as if you were in a lounge chair.

Tomorrow I want a metric century or at least 50 miles. I need to know if any more adjustment is required for the head support or length to the pedals may be necessary. The pedals are equipped for shoes to be locked in so I will try that as well. I think it will be more efficient and the feet will stay on the pedals better.

Josh and I are spending the day together and we have a few tasks to complete include getting photos of the Burley Tandem and the Rans for immediate sale. In between our tasks we have to find lunch, supper, a movie and a few games.

No comments: