Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Benchmark Rides in CA



Busted or nearly so this weekend... I have come to the realization I have much to do in the two months remaining before the NorCal Aids Challenge Ride in May. More fundraising to achieve as well. With regard to my training regimen I downloaded a Kindle book and started reading about using the heart rate monitor per H and Em's explanation and encouragement. I need to maximize the time I have left to train for this ride in May. I am hoping to get in close to a hundred miles a week for the 8 weeks remaining and get the heart rate training I need.

The people I rode with were very kind, supportive, and patient. I generally brought up the rear in both rides and even cut short the distances I rode. Managed to get in 70+ for the weekend. RA enjoyed 20+ along the American River Trail on her recumbent trike. That trail has to be one of the best rides in America.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Everybody was impressed and inspired by your achievement this weekend, Dad. As I said in my email, the NCAC ride is a perfect illustration of the concept of being saved by grace after working as hard as you can. All the riders in the event will experience 'grace' in some form or another. Rejoice in your labors and do not shun the gifts of grace when they come. This probably won't be something you'll read in your heart rate monitor book so I wanted to make sure it got into the manual. ;)

George said...

Thank you for your continuing support and kind encouragements. It is an accommodation to age and sloth for so many years why I am as slow as I am. We still have eight weeks and that is a lot of miles on the bike between now and then.