
Thursday through Saturday my boy scouts and I hiked the length of Mule Canyon in Southern Utah. The Anasazi Indian ruins were spectacular. The boys were very well behaved and I carried a 60 pound backpack around the canyon except for this day hike to explore and photograph the pictographs we found in this alcove.
I am wondering what the benefit of backpacking is to riding... Hiking a few hours every day for three days has left me with some sore and stiff muscles. I am optimistic it was good cross training. This week the new trike recumbent travels to Nor CAL and I am interested in riding some hills on Branscomb Road. I have a very low granny gear and unlike the other recumbent if you go at a slow speed you do not fall off since it is a trike.
My doc has me taking some horse pills for an upper sinus/respiratory infection. I told him I needed to be in shape for a century on Saturday. I have read in my 'Biking over Fifty' book that serious aerobic exercise compromises your immune system and one must be careful of infections. I have been fighting this cold and congestion off and on for a month. Hopefully the prescription helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment