Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The matter of sleeping


Dr. William Dement of Stanford University founded the first clinic in the USA to diagnose and treat sleep disorders some years ago. A new Podcast now from the aforementioned university allows access to faculty lectures on a plethora of subjects including sleep disorders. Since sleep disorders are shared by more than a few of us I recommend listening to the Podcast. I intend to inquire further into the matter of sleep. For some, according to Professor Dement, the solution to a better night's sleep is simply watching the sun set or more precisely the resetting of one's biological clock by increased exposure to light. On cloudy days when the light of the sun is shielded one may need a light box to aid in the resetting of this biological clock.

Next to research for me are light boxes which have the proper wavelength and intensity to achieve the resetting. Could have fewer side effects than Lunesta or Ambien. Anyone want to try a light box?

1 comment:

limes said...

I'll be interested to hear about your experiences with it, should you give it a try.