
in the presence of each other than they do when women are there. I could not begin to say why," according to Andy Rooney,” even if I knew. It is not only different, but the atmosphere, for that brief time, is often better. I should think the same thing is true about a group of women who gather for bridge or to elect a candidate to office. I can't speak about a woman's locker room."
I believe that observation by Mr. Rooney having experienced annual hunting trips to the mountains and diving trips to the ocean. I think that is why many of my friends continue to golf together on Saturday mornings, "for that brief time" that "is often better."
In pursuit of this special time I, J. and A. are having a men's afternoon out tomorrow. Yes, we can do this. I will be fortified with ample supplies in the diaper bag and do have some experience and ability, though dormant, to be able to change A's diaper if the need arises. We plan on visiting the Museum of Natural History at the U of U, probably make a stop at Toys R Us and then a stop at the Centerville Dairy Queen where we will drink root beer, eat ice cream and have ketchup and French fries. Topping off the afternoon will be some time on the living room carpet assembling and playing with our toys. After all is that not what men do best together?
2 comments:
My little men had a great time. A had a nap today and seems to be back to normal- pretty good recovery time for such an exiting afternoon. :)
Women and men are very different, and that's why it is better to be with your own gender. You don't get beaten down or undervalued by the opposite sex wishing you would be just like them.
Post a Comment