Monday, March 01, 2010

Building a shed is not aerobic exercise...


Almost two weeks in CA building a shed over the pump and well did little to help my riding today. I was about fasting/dieting with little food today before I rode 30 miles. I installed a new Garmin GPS. It is near my right hand and I can change the display without too much effort. It seemed about the same as the previous bike computer as to speed and distance. It tracks calories burned also. You enter in your age, weight and even the weight of the bicycle and it counts them. It was about 2500 calories for the ride. I managed 15+ miles for one hour and rode 30 altogether. The rear cluster on the bike needs to be changed and I am ordering a spare wheel set to avoid the problems with the ride I could not make in Northern CA last week due to three flat tubes in less than 30 minutes.

4 comments:

Emily said...

It's just good to get out and ride! Well done! (both on the shed and the bike.) Will the new rear cluster help with climbing at all?

George said...

It was good. We had some nice 50°+ weather so it was pretty nice riding. The rear cluster is jumping between gears. I am not sure a lower one would help climbing much. The rider (me) needs a little more horsepower/training I think.

Alice said...

The shed looks great!

How nice to get outside and ride! I was feeling pretty happy about spring today when I saw the crocus were up and blooming in my front flowerbed.

adamf said...

Lookin' good. It just needs a white peace sign on the side of it to keep with the Fisher Family new construction tradition.